Saturday 5 September 2015

Post 6: Lateral Thinking


Lateral thinking requires us to approach a problem through indirect and creative thinking. Connecting the 9 dots was the first puzzle that we did during lesson. I approach this puzzle directly first and found out that only 5 straight lines could connect all 9 dots and 4 straight lines was impossible. Since the only rule was 4 straight lines without lifting up the pencil from the paper, I decided to go out of the space given and find a solution.
This was the second puzzle we did in class and I did not manage to solve it. The reason why I did not manage to solve it in time was because I did not think about how I should approach the problem and all I did was keep tracing to find the answer which was wrong.
Another puzzle given and done in class.
This was the solution to the puzzle above and it was exactly how I see it as I was solving. I had the picture in my mind of the triangle upward and downward then I combine both of them to give the same solution given in lesson.
Class exercise 1. My first answer to this was to keep the chicken. So I could start a chicken farm and sell them. Free chicken meat for myself. 
Class exercise 2. Solution below.
I sketch out the scenario to get a better picture. 




This is what the bee see. And also, bee sees red as black.


No comments:

Post a Comment